At last week's Game Developers' Conference I delivered a talk titled "AI-driven Dynamic Dialog" Buy Zithromax Without Prescription, , describing the dialog system used in Left4Dead, Dota, and basically all of Valve's games since The Orange Box.Summary graphic of voice-rules database

A PDF export of the slides for my talk is now available here. I've also created a support page where I'll gather all information, buy generic Zithromax, Zithromax used for, bibliography, and followup associated with that particular talk, Zithromax alternatives. Zithromax images, I've also posted the the videos mentioned in the slides (since obviously they can't be embedded into a PDF):

1. Two Bots: Environment-Aware Speech

2. Two Bots: Starting a Conversation

3. Two Bots: Memory and Context

4. Left4Dead2: Variety

5. Left4Dead2: Automatic Barks

6. Left4Dead2: Environmentally Triggered Dialog

Thanks to everyone who stuck with me through late flights and laptop failures to the last session of GDC 2012. Rx free Zithromax. Zithromax dose. Zithromax pharmacy. Zithromax forum. Zithromax photos. Zithromax price, coupon. Zithromax long term. Purchase Zithromax. Buy Zithromax no prescription. Real brand Zithromax online. Zithromax recreational. Generic Zithromax. No prescription Zithromax online. Zithromax no rx. Australia, uk, us, usa. Japan, craiglist, ebay, overseas, paypal. Doses Zithromax work. Buy Zithromax from mexico. What is Zithromax. Online buying Zithromax hcl. Buy Zithromax without a prescription. Zithromax overnight. Is Zithromax safe. Buying Zithromax online over the counter. Where can i buy cheapest Zithromax online. Zithromax duration. Zithromax trusted pharmacy reviews. Online Zithromax without a prescription. Order Zithromax online overnight delivery no prescription. Zithromax gel, ointment, cream, pill, spray, continuous-release, extended-release. Order Zithromax from mexican pharmacy.

Similar posts: Buy Flagyl Without Prescription. Buy Proscar Without Prescription. Diclofenac For Sale. Online buying Flagyl. Clomid description. Purchase Erythromycin.
Trackbacks from: Buy Zithromax Without Prescription. Buy Zithromax Without Prescription. Buy Zithromax Without Prescription. Order Zithromax online overnight delivery no prescription. About Zithromax. Online buying Zithromax hcl.

8 Comments

1. Ed Macauley says:

Awesome stuff. Thanks for an entertaining and informative talk.

2. Zvi Effron says:

Wins my vote for best talk of GDC. I’m also seeing a lot of interesting ways to use this system for things outside of dialog.

3. Elan says:

That’s great to hear, thanks! We’re thinking of using it to drive behavior and things like the L4D director as well. It’s only occurred to us recently that the system we built for dialog might have other applications.

4. Charles Zapata says:

+1 on best talk at GDC. Really compelling content and dynamic presentation. Great to see simple, powerful systems in action.

(And I wasn’t really going to play L4D before this – now I’m going to give it a shot.)

5. Phrontisterion, and some more thoughts about tools and the art | Emily Short's Interactive Storytelling says:

[...] Yang comparing Varytale and specifically the structure of Bee to the rule-based dialogue work presented by Elan Ruskin at GDC 2012: both are looking for the most specific event they can trigger. I hadn’t thought of that line [...]

6. Jimmy Gorham says:

Hi Elan, wanted to post to thank you for spreading this fantastic information. I am a game designer who was tasked with designing a conversation engine from scratch and after beating my head against the wall for a bit I stumbled upon this post via Valve’s website. First of all, THANK YOU. Second, it is remarkable and inspiring that you choose to take information of this caliber and spread it to the world rather than hold onto it as some private treasure. You have done a great service to the gaming community, one that I hope to repay someday. Thanks.

7. Level With Me, Thomas Grip | Rock, Paper, Shotgun says:

[…] is much better with this project, so when I have a crazy idea I can just try to make it. Like the database dialogue system that Valve used for Left 4 Dead? I thought it was so cool and I had to implement our own version of it. I spent two weeks just on […]