At last week’s Game Developers’ Conference I delivered a talk titled “AI-driven Dynamic Dialog”, describing the dialog system used in Left4Dead, Dota, and basically all of Valve’s games since The Orange Box.
I’ve also posted the the videos mentioned in the slides (since obviously they can’t be embedded into a PDF):
- Two Bots: Environment-Aware Speech
- Two Bots: Starting a Conversation
- Two Bots: Memory and Context
- Left4Dead2: Variety
- Left4Dead2: Automatic Barks
- Left4Dead2: Environmentally Triggered Dialog
Thanks to everyone who stuck with me through late flights and laptop failures to the last session of GDC 2012!